Happy Friday! One of my absolute favorite things to do when it’s cold outside is to make a big pot of soup or chili! You simply throw all the ingredients into a pot, let it cook for a little and voila! – dinner is served and you will probably have leftovers for lunches or dinners 😊Last night, Cory and I had chili for dinner. This recipe is now one of our favorites, we will for sure be making it again! If you are looking for a good fall/winter meal, then look no more!
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 1 oz packet of chili seasoning
- 2 15 oz cans kidney beans, fully drained and rinsed
- 2 16 oz jars chunky salsa
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 -2 bay leaves – optional
- optional garnishes: sour cream, shredded cheese, cilantro, crackers, or chopped onions
- Heat beef in a pan over medium/high heat, try to crumble it as it cooks
- Once beef is crumbled, stir in the chili seasoning and let beef continue to cook
- When the beef is no longer pink, stir in the broth, beans, and salsa –you might want to transfer to a larger pot before you add everything in
- Stir all ingredients together
- Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes
- Put in bay leaves for the last 5-8 minutes of simmering
- Remove bay leaves
- Serve with garnishes of your choice and enjoy!
Once dinner was ready, we made up our bowls and watched our first Christmas movie of the year – Home Alone. It was a cozy night in with a hot meal, the Christmas tree plugged in, and a great movie to top everything off!
After dinner, we made hot chocolate and coffee to sip on. The perfect ending to a perfect evening💚 If you have any favorite fall/winter recipes, please let me know! Comment or email me, I’ll try them and make a special blog post 🍵🥰
Have a great weekend – Michelle